This is the second of a two part series on the most commonly asked legal questions about Bill C-510, Roxanne’s Law. You can find Part I here.
The questions answered in this part include the following:
- Is there similar coerced abortion legislation in other countries?
- Would the expressions “compel by pressure” or “rancorous badgering”, as used in the proposed definition of “coercion”, be new terms introduced into Canadian law?
- Is Bill C-510 too vague and therefore unconstitutional?
- Why create a new, specific Criminal Code provision?
- If Bill C-510 had already been law when Roxanne Fernando faced abortion coercion, how could it have changed the outcome?
- Does abortion coercion really take place in Canada?
Download and print the Questions and Answers sheet here.